This professional is in active search of jobsengineering Freelancer
Dear Sir / Madam,
My name is Konstantinos Nikolaou and I am currently interested at expanding my carreer moving forward to new challenges. With a work experience both as a freelancer and as a procurement manager for the last seven years, I want to expand my field of employment, looking forward to a new creative period, seeking the opportunity to use my potentials more effectively based on the knowledge I have gathered and my accumulated experience. I consider both my studies and my professional skills so far to be largely relevant to the activities of business administration, with a specialty in procurements. I remain at your disposal for any further information hoping that I will be given the opportunity of a
01/09/1999 – 30/09/2000 – Cardiff, Wales – United Kingdom
POSTGRADUATE DEGREE / MSc Marine Policy – University of Wales, Cardiff
05/09/1996 – 30/09/1999 – Southampton, United Kingdom
UNDERGRADUATE DEGREE / BSc (Hons) Shipping Operations – University of Nottingham Trent / Southampton Institute
16/07/2012 – CURRENT – Patras, Greece
PROCUREMENTS MANAGER – METRICON S.A.
• Responsible for the supply of products and services for the supply of the production line.
• Creating and submitting purchase orders for products and services, handling receipt issues and invoices.
• Evaluation of current practical procurement and effective implementation of strategic procurement.
• Development of relationships with suppliers and strategic sellers, price negotiation, quality, service levels and delivery terms.
• In parallel with the main work, execution and duties of a Quality Assurance System Manager within the operation of the accredited calibration laboratory according to ISO / IEC 17025 and ISO 9001. Total compliance and monitoring of the Quality System. Training of staff on quality and safety issues during the performance of calibration tasks. Evaluation of newly hired and existing staff. Procurement control, supplier evaluation. Keeping quality records and writing reports. Evaluation every year by evaluators of the National Quality Assurance System.
• Reporting directly to the general manager.
10/09/2005 – 01/09/2012 – Patras, Greece
LECTURER IN PRIVATE INSTITUTE OF VOCATIONAL TRAINING – Ι.Ι.Ε.Κ. Vergi
• Lecturer in the faculty of Business Administration.
• Delivery of lectures to students in the subjects: Organization & Business Administration, Principles of Economic Theory & Practice, Elements of Legislation, Office Organization, Principles of Marketing.
• Creation and continuous assessment of teaching / supervisory material in printed and electronic format.
• Creating presentations, monitoring student performance, conducting written exams, student evaluation.
01/06/2006 – 31/12/2009 – Patras, Greece
BUSINESS CONSULTANT (Independent / Self-Employed) – PATRAS PORT AUTHORITY S.A.
• Responsible for monitoring and managing European transnational programs in the framework of the Interreg II / III Action (Greece-Italy).
• Report directly to the CEO of the Patras Port Authority S.A.
• Creation and monitoring of deliverables of three different transnational programs.
• Keeping schedules and writing reports.
• Design of procedures for conducting international open tenders for the implementation of deliverables.
• Completion of tender evaluation procedures, nomination of contractors.
• Monitoring the execution of projects and keeping schedules.
• Close cooperation with the General Secretariat of Ports & Port Policy of the Ministry of Shipping and the Organization Unit for the Management of Development Programs of the Ministry of Development and Investment.
10/01/2003 – 30/10/2004 – Athens, Greece
STAFF DEPUTY VENUE MANAGER SPECTATOR SERVICES – ATHENS 2004 OLYMPIC GAMES ORGANISING COMMITTEE / CONTEMPORARY INTERNATIONAL (CSC HELLAS LTD)
• Staff Deputy Venue Manager of the Spectator Services sector at the Pampeloponnisian Stadium in Patras.
• Report directly to the General Director of Spectator Services of the Athens 2004 Organizing Committee.
• Responsible for the design and implementation of the training program of the involved staff (paid and volunteers) of the Spectator Services sector.
• Responsible for organizing and staff managing of 204 volunteers and 40 employees as part of the activities of the Spectator Services sector for the entire duration of the Games.
• Additional assumption of duties of Head of the Olympic Family Team at the Closing Ceremony of the Games at the Olympic Sports Center of Athens.